It feels like just yesterday that the Ethical A-Z Brand Directory was launched… it’s been an incredible journey and one we are keen to celebrate. So much has happened since then…
We’ve grown from having a small directory of 30 fashion brands to over 100 brands, to include a list of vintage stores on a map for London. We also branched out and offered other eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty free beauty and lifestyle brands to join us. We even have an ethical travel booking company onboard.
What started as a simple solution to make shopping for stylish ethical fashion easier and less stressful, has now grown into something far more impactful. We are celebrating so many milestones, below are just a few of the main ones:
What we’ve achieved in 1-year:
- July 2017 – Ethical Brand Directory goes live in beta on the Roberta Style Lee website
- September 2017 – Ethical Brand Directory launches its first live event, with a panel of speakers and networking session at the Business Design Centre in London
- October 2017 – Ethical Brand Directory expands it’s blogger team from 1-person to 5!
- November 2017 – Ethical Brand Directory launches its second event, the Conscious Christmas Showcase, with brands showing their products, a panel of speakers, networking and wine, held at the Business Design Centre in London
- December 2017 – We purchase the domain www.ethicalbranddirectory.com and get all the social media handles in anticipation of our future growth
- January 2018 – We reach over 100 listings and migrate the directory to it’s new home: www.ethicalbranddirectory.com
- March 2018 – Ethical Brand Directory launches our Vintage stores map in London
- April 2018 – Ethical Brand Directory launches its first online summit: Going Green in 2018 bringing together thought leaders and change-makers from around the globe to inspire a greener future for us all (10% of profits from ticket sales were donated to Fashion Revolution)
- April 2018 – Relaunched our Conscious Consumers Club on facebook
- May 2018 – Ethical Brand Directory expands its volunteer team from 2 to 5
- April 2018 – Ethical Brand Directory continues in its search to find more passionate people to join our volunteer team
- July 2018 -Ethical Brand Directory crashes the Sustainable Fashion event hosted by FuturePlanet to celebrate it’s 1st Birthday!
It’s been rewarding, but it’s not been easy!
To put the journey into context, this has all been bootstrapped and done in the spare minutes and moments around my full-time job(s). The project has proven to be a success and now that we’ve reached 1-year old, it’s time for us to get some serious momentum and growth. Ethical Brand Directory is looking for an investor and I would really LOVE to find a business partner. If you know anyone who may be a good fit, let them know I’m looking!
We really hope to be able to see those of you who can make it to London on July 17 to celebrate with us. So, without further ado, here are the details for Ethical Brand Directory’s first birthday party – and you’re invited!
Tuesday 17 July 2018